From One Degree of Glory

Everything is spiritual. Learning to let go of this world readies our hearts for REAL life. But it’s a process. I Corinthians 3:18

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

What a Headache!

I don't want to complain; I try not to whine in such public forum. But today, I am blinded by the littlest light, wincing at the slightest sound. Haloed vision. Nausea.

Yeah, I know. It's a migraine. The question is Why?

Some attribute the affliction to hormones, some to stress, some to weather, some to certain foods. I haven't tracked my diet enough to link anything to this last possibility, but all the other stuff is a go: this week has been one of the most difficult of my life, with changeable skies (literal, metaphorical, and biological) aplenty -- and it's only Wednesday.

Whatever the reason, the fact is that life is just hard sometimes. And with hard times come natural side effects: intense headaches, uncontrollable tears, gastric distress, thunderous rain... and newfound strength.

Strength from new wisdom, from old friends, from prayer, from the release of screaming at God, from giving in to His Providence. Strength that wasn't there before. Strength that will come in handy later.

Lord, for this new wisdom, I thank you. When my students are suffering, remind me to direct them to your strength, to guide them toward you when they are in intense pain. Be my strength both today in my own weakness and throughout this coming year when they need me to hold them up to you. Amen.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home